I don't know how to say this in a politically correct way, so please know that I don't mean to offend. But, here goes. I think that after this year, my children might just believe they are Jewish. They learn about Hanukkah at school and know that the celebration lasts over a course of many days and that Jewish children get a gift on each of those days. I understand their confusion, that is kind of how Christmas worked this year as they got to celebrate four different times. Maybe that is why Bella sang the Dredel song just as much as she sang Santa Claus is coming to town. Christmas #1 was at Joe and JoAnne's and truly was a wonderful celebration. For the first time since Dave and I have been married, all of his siblings were there. It has been a difficult journey getting to that moment, but I'm so happy for Dave, his parents and his siblings that that moment has arrived! The next morning we had Christmas #2 at our house thanks to all of Santa's great gifts and the few that Dave and I bought as well. :) A few days later Mimi and Papa arrived from Iowa which was a huge cause for celebration and a few more gifts to boot. Therefore Christmas #3. A few days after that and after a very LONG and exhausting night of travel for 1/2 of our brood, Wendy, Brandon and boys arrived and we then had Christmas #4. In the children's eyes, the gifts were pretty exciting. In my eyes it was wonderful in the sense that I was lucky enough to spend the holidays with EVERYONE that I love!
A New Experience
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment