Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hike On







Yesterday morning as Dave was riding one of the five toughest centuries in the US through fog, rain and chilly mountain weather, the kids I and enjoyed a hike in the warm sunshine.  As I've said before, I feel like I learn so much about their individual personalities everytime we go on a hike.  Cooper is a thinker.  He takes his time, thinks out each step, and at all costs, avoids getting hurt.  Bella is a daredevil.  She does not take her time, steps before she thinks and scrapes the heck out of her legs.  I'm still trying to figure out how a paper cut on her finger results in blood curdling screams of pain and anguish and a bleeding scrape from a rock doesn't even phase her.  It may be one of those things I never figure out.  Enough with the deep questions though; bottom line, we had a great time!

No comments: