Today was the second day of swim lessons . Let me begin by giving props to Cooper. Those of you that know him, know how mellow he is (most of the time) and what a good sport he is (once again most of the time). He is loving swim lessons, today he swam around the whole outer edge of the pool with his class and was even able to swim under the lane ropes. Go Coop! Moving on to our other child, Miss Bella. Those of you that know her, know that her emotions are like a roller coaster. Yesterday, she loved swim lessons. Today, she loved them too. At the beginning. Suddenly in the middle of lessons, we all (all the parents, children and lifeguards present at the pool) experienced one of her classic mood swings. I think the best way to walk you through this experience, since you missed it live, is with a series of pictures. Notice how we went from smiles to complete meltdown in the course of 1/2 hour. Yesterday as a ton of kids were having similar meltdowns, I thought to myself that I am so lucky that I grew up around a pool/lake and how my kids have been given the same opportunity to get used to water so that they are not scared. I thought too soon. I don't think it is the water with Bella though, I think it is her inner-diva acting up again. Who knows what tomorrow's lessons hold in store. Cross your fingers for us!
A New Experience
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment