Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Birthday Surprises

Those of you that are near in age to me, will agree that birthdays seem to lose their excitement after the age of about 25.  Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful pre-birthday weekend celebrating in Vegas, but yesterday, the actual day, left a bit to be desired.  It was one of those extremely hectic and stressful days at work and that kind of puts a damper on the whole idea of "happy" birthday.  Last night I came to two realizations. One, stressful birthdays like this, as an adult, are the reason why we need to make our kid's birthdays so fun!  Stock up on the fun while you can.  Two, the smallest thing can make your day better.  I got home from the work day from hell and had an e-mail from a dear friend that I haven't heard from in a long time (that goes both ways, this blog is pretty much my only form of communication).  Kim, it meant so much to hear from you,and it brightened my day.  After dinner, I went to work out and when I got out to my car there was a card on the windshield from Dave and the kids, that too made me feel loved.  Thanks to all of you who sent warm wishes. 

1 comment:

The Seilers said...

I hope you had a fabulous birthday, Jenny! I'm so glad you guys got to meet up in Vegas...so fun!