
Yesterday was the annual SVL triathlon, which takes place in our very own community. Not only was the event local, but Dave and I both participated. This is the first event we have done together since I became more active. It was held in Spring Valley Lake and each participant had the option of doing all three parts or breaking it up into a relay. I chose to do all three and Dave and two others burned up the course with a relay. I made it to the bike portion before Dave, but shortly saw him whiz by me in a blur of speed. I really liked the course: the water was warm (and cleaner than Disneyland, kind of like Storm Lake), the bike route was fun and the run is a 5k that I do at least once a week with my friends. My time was two minutes faster than a comparable tri I did in Vegas in April, and I beat a lot of the male competitors- some of them younger than me- so I couldn't be happier. That's actually a bit of a lie...immediately after the event, I had to jump in the car and head to a meeting in Pasadena- so the one thing that could have made me happier was time to go take a shower before the meeting. It wasn't that bad though, a little bath and body works spray covers up even the stench of sweat and lake water!
No comments:
Post a Comment